White Truffle Mac & Cheese w/Bacon optional
White Truffle Mac & Cheese
If you love white truffle oil you will love this recipe!
So easy to make this gourmet mac and cheese, a true crowd pleaser.
Great family meal, elegant comfort food as a side dish or main entree.
Taste Healthy. (one of my favorite guilty pleasures)
- 6 Tbsp Olive Fusion White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 cup Panko
- 4 Tbsp Organic Flour
- 3 cups Organic Pasta
- 10 pieces thick cut Sliced Bacon
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Swiss Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups whole Milk
- 1 egg
Items included in our Organically U Recipe Kit
Items from the store
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Fry bacon, drain, chop and set aside
- Slightly undercook pasta, drain and set aside
- In a large pan add 4 tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil, & Organic Flour. Whisk over medium heat to make a roux. Simmer for 2 minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in 2 1/2 cups whole milk, 2 cups swiss and 2 cups cheddar cheese and 8 pieces of chopped bacon.
- Whisk together then simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat until thickened
- In a bowl whisk 1 egg, then add 1/4 cup of cheese sauce. When blended return mixture to the pan of cheese sauce
- Gently stir in cooked pasta and mix well. Pour into a casserole dish
- In a separate bowl mix panko, remaining 2 pieces of chopped bacon, 2 Tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil, 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup swiss cheese. Top casserole
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown