Bacon Cheddar Mac and Cheese June 03 2020, 0 Comments
Bacon Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 1 large onion diced - 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 Tbs Olive Fusion Basil olive oil
- 1 Tbs Olive Fusion 100% black strap granulated molasses
- 1 Tbs Olive Fusion 18 year aged traditional balsamic
- 2 Tbs Olive Fusion bourbon maple hops seasoning
- 3 cups of penne pasta (you can use gluten free)
- 2.5 cups whole milk
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs flour (you can use gluten free flour)
- 8 pieces thick cut bacon cooked and diced
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In large fry pan add 2 Tbs Basil olive oil /heat to medium add onions.
- Sprinkle molasses over onions. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbs of traditional balsamic to onions, stir for another 3 to 5 minutes, remove from heat, set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot according to instructions on package. Drain pasta set aside.
In same pot make your roux
- Add 4 Tbs of Basil olive oil and flour, whisk together over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add milk, 3 cups of cheese and 2 Tbs of bourbon maple hops seasoning, mix well until cheese melts. Remove from heat, add the pasta, onions and mix well.
- In a large 9x13 casserole dish pour the pasta mixture in and spread out.
- Mix 1 cup of cheese with diced bacon, top the pasta evenly.
- Place in pre-heated oven, bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this guilty pleasure!!